1. PRESTRESSED CONCRETE PILE
Foundation is the main part of structure in construction work. The strong foundation relates to good quality pile. TPC prestressed concrete pile is produced under quality control and up-to-date machine. There are many types and sections of piles to be selected for using in the various condition. TPC pile is followed Thailand Industrial Standard TIS 396-2549.
To select the type, cross-sectional area and length of pile must be considered to the bending moment required. For the special case, TPC can propose the alternative design to clients.
- Minimum ultimate compressive strength shall not less than 350 ksc. cylinder at 28 days.
- Minimum transfer strength shall not less than 245 ksc cylinder.
- High early strength Portland cement is used and cement content shall not less than 350 kgs. per cubic metre.
- PC. Wire Ø 4,5 mm. and PC.7-Wire strand Ø 3/8” , Ø1/2” (Grade 270 k) are used and minimum breaking strength is about 16,500-18,500 ksc.
- Minimum force transfer to concrete shall not be less than 70% of breaking strength.
- Allowable safe load depends on soil condition.